1. What is DOENZA ODT and what is it used for?
DOENZA ODT (Donepezil hydrochloride) is white to off-white, round tablets with “10” debossed on one side. Each tablet contains 10 mg donepezil hydrochloride and is presented in blister packs of 28 tablets.
DOENZA ODT tablet is used in the treatment of mild and moderate Alzheimer’s type dementia symptoms and its active ingredient donepezil hydrochloride belongs to a class of drugs called acetylcholinesterase inhibitors.
2.How to use DOENZA ODT?
– Generally, treatment is started with one tablet (5 mg donepezil hydrochloride) per day. The amount of medication you will use may vary depending on the duration of treatment you receive and your doctor’s evaluation.
– One month after starting the treatment, your doctor may ask you to increase the dose of the drug and take one tablet (10 mg donepezil hydrochloride) a day from the commercially available DOENZA ODT 10 mg tablets.
– The highest recommended dose is 10 mg donepezil hydrochloride every night.
– Always follow the recommendations of your doctor and pharmacist about when, how and for how long to use your medicine.
– Do not change the dose of your medicine yourself unless your doctor recommends it.
– Do not stop the treatment unless informed by your doctor.
– You may need to visit a doctor from time to time to review your treatment and evaluate your symptoms.
Application route and method
– Take DOENZA ODT by mouth before going to bed at night. Place the tablet on your tongue, wait for it to dissolve, and then swallow with or without a glass of water, if desired.
3. What are the possible side effects?
Like all medicines, there may be side effects in people who are sensitive to the substances contained in DOENZA ODT.
The most common side effects with donepezil hydrochloride are diarrhea, muscle cramps, weakness, nausea, vomiting, and insomnia.
Side effects are defined as shown in the following categories:
Very common: may occur in at least 1 in 10 patients.
Common: less than 1 in 10 patients, but more than 1 in 100 patients.
Uncommon: less than 1 in 100 patients, but more than 1 in 1000 patients. Rare: less than 1 in 1000 patients.
Very rare: less than 1 in 10,000 patients.
Not known: cannot be estimated from the available data
If any of the following occur, stop using DOENZA ODT and IMMEDIATELY inform your doctor or go to the nearest hospital emergency department.
Liver damage such as hepatitis. Symptoms of hepatitis include vomiting or vomiting, loss of appetite, feeling generally unwell, fever, itching, yellowing of the eyes and skin, dark urine
Stomach or duodenal ulcer. Symptoms of ulcer are stomach pain and a feeling of discomfort (indigestion) between the navel and breastbone.
Stomach or intestinal bleeding. In this case, you may experience effects such as black tar-like stool or blood in the rectum.
Seizure or contraction (convulsion)
• Fever with muscle stiffness, sweating or decreased level of consciousness (a disease called neuroleptic malignant syndrome)
All these are serious side effects. Emergency medical attention may be required. “Serious side effects are very rare”.
Tell your doctor if you notice any of the following: Very commonly reported side effects:
Diarrhea, nausea, headache.
Commonly reported side effects:
Muscle cramps, fatigue, insomnia (difficulty sleeping), common cold, loss of appetite, hallucinations (imagination, delusions), agitation (restlessness), aggressive behavior, fainting, dizziness, stomach discomfort, rash, itching, urinary incontinence, pain, accidents, (patients may become more prone to falls and accidental injuries may occur) abnormal dreams