1. What KESTINE is and what it is used for
KESTINE is an antihistamine used in the treatment of allergies. Antihistamine drugs neutralize the effect of histamine and eliminate the symptoms of allergy.
KESTINE is a white, round, flim tablet debossed with El 0 on one side. It is presented in blister pack containing 20 film tablets.
KESTINE; In patients over 2 years old,
– Allergic conjunctivitis (eyes itching and watering),
– Chronic allergic rhinitis (allergic rhinitis lasting all year),
– Seasonal allergic rhinitis (hay fever),
– Idiopathic chronic urticaria (chronic hives of unknown cause; skin swelling, redness and itching) and
– It is used in the treatment of the symptoms of allergic dermatitis (allergic eczema).
2.How to use KESTINE?
Instructions for proper use and dose/frequency of administration
Always use KESTINE according to your doctor’s instructions. If you are not sure how to use it, you should consult your doctor.
Adults and children over 12 years old
The recommended dose for KESTINE 10 mg Film Tablet is 1 or 2 10 mg tablets once daily.
Application route and method
KESTINE can be taken orally, with or without food.
Use in the elderly
No dosage adjustment is required in the elderly.
Use in children
Use in the elderly
Special use cases
No dose adjustment is required.
No dose adjustment is required in mild or moderate hepatic impairment. In patients with severe hepatic impairment, the daily dose should not exceed 10 mg.
Your doctor will determine the dose of your medicine depending on your disease and will apply it to you.
If you have the impression that the effect of KESTINE is too strong or too weak, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
3. What are the possible side effects?
Like all medicines, there may be side effects in people who are sensitive to the substances contained in KESTINE.
If any of the following occur, stop using KESTINE and IMMEDIATELY inform your doctor or go to the nearest hospital emergency department:
• Skin rash (redness, swelling)
These are very serious side effects. If you have one of these, you have a serious allergy to KESTINE. You may need emergency medical attention or hospitalization.
All of these very serious side effects are very rare.
If you notice any of the following, tell your doctor immediately or go to the nearest hospital emergency department:
• Irritability, emotional lability, hyperactivity These are all serious side effects. Emergency medical attention may be required.
These serious side effects are rare.
Tell your doctor if you notice any of the following:
• Increased appetite
• Impotence (asthenia)
• Taste disorder
• Sleeping state
• dry mouth