1. What is XYZAL and what is it used for?
• XYZAL is an antihistamine used in the treatment of allergies. Antihistamine drugs destroy the effect of histamine, eliminate allergy symptoms.
• XYZAL is presented in a box containing 20 tablets in blister packs, together with the instructions for use.
• XYZAL is indicated for the relief of symptoms (itching, blistering, redness) associated with allergic rhinitis (intermittent/persistent or seasonal/perennial) and chronic hives of unknown cause (chronic idiopathic urticaria) in adults and children aged 6 years and older.
2.How to use XYZAL?
Instructions for proper use and dose/frequency of administration
• Always take XYZAL exactly as your doctor has told you. If you are not sure, you should consult your doctor or pharmacist again.
Children aged 6 -12 years: 5 mg (1 film tablet) once a day.
Adolescents 12 years and older and adults: 5 mg (1 film tablet) once daily.
Application route and method
• XYZAL is for oral use only.
• The film tablet should be swallowed whole with a glass of water. It is recommended to take the daily dose in one go.
• XYZAL can be taken with or without food.
Use in children
Due to the lack of data in children and infants under 2 years of age, use in this age group is not recommended.
It is not recommended to be used in children under 6 years of age, since it is not possible to adjust the dose with the film tablet.
Use in the elderly
No dosage adjustment is required in elderly patients with normal renal function.
Special use cases
• Patients with kidney failure may be given a lower dose depending on the severity of the disease. In children, the dose is selected according to body weight. Your doctor will determine the dose.
• Do not use if you have severe kidney failure.
• You can only use the general recommended dose if you have liver failure.
• Patients with both liver and kidney failure can be given a lower dose depending on the severity of kidney disease. In children, the dose is selected according to body weight. Your doctor will determine the dose.
Your doctor will tell you how long your treatment with XYZAL will last, depending on the type, duration and type of your complaints.
Unless your doctor recommends otherwise follow these instructions. Do not forget to take your medicine on time.
If you have the impression that the effect of XYZAL is too strong or too weak, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
If you use more XYZAL than you should
If you have used more than you should use from XYZAL, talk to a doctor or pharmacist.
Adults may have drowsiness. Children may experience drowsiness followed by restlessness and restlessness.
If you forget to use XYZAL
If you forget to take XYZAL or take a smaller dose than your doctor told you to, continue to take the next dose at the usual time.
Do not take a double dose to make up for forgotten doses.
3. What are the possible side effects?
Like all medicines, there may be side effects in people who are sensitive to the substances contained in XYZAL.
If any of the following occur, stop using XYZAL and IMMEDIATELY inform your doctor or go to the nearest hospital emergency department:
– Allergic reaction (hypersensitivity reaction)
– Significant seizure status (convulsions) with involuntary severe contractions
– Liver inflammation (hepatitis)
– Abnormal liver function
– Shortness of breath
– Defect of vision
– The number of heart beats per minute is higher than normal (tachycardia)
These are all very serious side effects. If you have any of these, it means you have a serious allergy to XYZAL. You may need emergency medical attention or hospitalization.
All of these very serious side effects are very rare. Tell your doctor if you notice any of the following:
– Dry mouth
– Stomach ache
– Severe itching
– Skin rash
– Weight gain
– Muscle pain
– Aggressive or extremely restless behavior
– Seeing or hearing things that are not real (hallucination)
These are mild side effects of XYZAL.